Edwards Abstract and Title Co. provides customers with the opportunity to order various title products and escrow services when conducting commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- Our qualified staff offers the expertise and experience in title examining and issuing title insurance policies.
- At Edwards, we are dedicated to ensuring that you experience a smooth closing transaction.
A commitment for title insurance is a title insurance form that offers to issue a title policy subject to stated exceptions, requirements, and terms.
- A commitment for title insurance is the first step in the real estate transaction process.
- Edwards Abstract and Title Co. has relationships with national underwriters that issue title policies for commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- The commitment or binder constitutes a statement of the terms and conditions on which Edwards Abstract and Title Co. is willing to issue its policy.
Title Insurance Policy
Before issuing a title policy, a careful search is made of the county, state and federal records that affect real estate. This is accomplished by using the Edwards’ plant, which maintains or has access to references of every deed, mortgage, death, divorce, etc., that might affect property. There are two main types of insurance:
- Owners Title Policy — Insures against loss to the owner of the property.
- Loan Policy — Insures the holder of a mortgage that this mortgage is a lien (claim) on the property.
|Edwards Abstract and Title Co. has the resources and expertise needed to ensure the accurate and timely closing of all of your real estate transactions. We take pride in addressing the specific requirements of our customers. We accomplish this in two ways. First, every location has a branch manager on site with the experience to handle all commercial and residential real estate closings. And second, we provide improved service levels and minimize processing time using the latest technology.||Norma Cano in the Escrow Department
at the Edinburg branch,
assists a customer.
We secure complete tax data including current property tax information, identifying property tax delinquency and property tax liens. In addition:We provide assistance with tax payment discrepancies.
- We provide assistance with tax payment discrepancies.
- Automated tax service is available for research and property tax payment processing.